Iron-on transfer is a method used to personalize many objects or accessories. Inks representing a pattern or writing are printed on a support which will subsequently be heated in order to transfer the design to the textile or object. This technique uses a heat press to affix the pattern, we then speak of heat transfer.
Why choose iron-on transfer?
The textile iron-on transfer has many advantages that can satisfy both individuals with a creative soul and professionals at the head of a brand or a dropshipping store.
- Easy to use: this type of transfer is extremely simple to apply and only requires a heat press to attach them to the desired textile.
- Possibility of customization: transfer printing allows great freedom of execution by printing any type of design. Logos, images, designs, everything is possible!
- Speed of execution: transfers are quick to print, but also to stick! Enough to satisfy those in a hurry.
- Great durability: resistant to washing, the transfers maintain good quality even after several trips in the washing machine.
- Beautiful versatility: transfers can be used on a wide variety of surfaces including cotton, polyester, leather, cardboard, wood, etc.
- Affordable cost: the price of transfers remains low, thus remaining an economical option for obtaining personalized designs on all types of textiles.
- Quality designs: Transfers print clean lines, generating higher quality designs compared to other printing methods.
- Small footprint: some customization methods require a significant amount of dedicated space. With transfers, only a heat press is required for application, offering considerable space savings.
- Can be produced in small batches: this type of transfer does not need to be produced in large quantities to be profitable, making it the ideal solution for producing just a few items.
Print your personalized transfer quickly
Iron-on fabric transfer has the major advantage of being able to obtain a personalized textile in just a few minutes. At PrintMyDTF , you just need to follow a few simple steps to receive your personalized design. Create your logo or design, transform it into vector format, use our templates to ensure the correct size of your design and make your printing request. We will immediately print your design so that you receive it as quickly as possible directly to your home. Once in your hands, all you have to do is stick your personalized transfer on the textile of your choice using a heat press, at the most convenient time for you.
What supports for iron-on transfer?
The personalized iron-on textile transfer can be affixed to different types of clothing. Cotton T-shirts, sweatshirts or even hoodies can be personalized as you wish. But this type of transfer can also be found on other fabrics such as jeans, polyester which is generally found in sports clothing, canvas for tote bags for example or even hats or caps. Enough to give free rein to all your ideas!
Before applying your transfer, carefully read the installation instructions provided with your design to avoid damaging your textile.
Whether you are a designer, in charge of organizing a special event or looking for personalized sports jerseys for your team, with PrintMyDTF , get your personalized iron-on transfer!
Alternatives to iron-on transfer
If the iron-on transfer method is not suitable for your project, there are also different alternatives available to you:
- DTF (Direct To Film) transfer : This printing method allows patterns or images to be transferred directly to textiles using a special printer and transfer film. This technique offers high print quality with precise details.
- Screen printing transfer : Ink is pushed through a fine mesh screen (screen printing screen) to create designs on a support, which is then transferred to the textile. This technique is ideal for color prints and on dark textiles.
- THE flocking : This principle consists of applying a material in relief to a textile using glue or thermal adhesive. This creates a soft, velvety texture on the surface of the textile, typically used for lettering or logos.
- There sublimation : Special inks are heated from a solid to a gaseous state, then they penetrate the fibers of the textile. This method creates permanent, durable and wash-resistant prints, ideal for sportswear and polyester textiles.
- There quad digital (Digital Process Process): This full-color printing technique uses four basic colors (cyan, magenta, yellow and black, or CMYK) to create a full range of tints and shades. It is often used to obtain high quality prints with complex color gradients.
- Direct printing : This method involves directly printing patterns or designs onto a textile using a special printer. It allows rapid and efficient customization of textiles, without requiring intermediate transfer.
- Flex: This thermal transfer material is cut into shapes or lettering using a cutting machine. It is then applied to the textile using heat and pressure. Flex provides great detail clarity and is often used for logos and simple design elements.